EDIT: This deal has now ended. Please check back for similar deals.
Starbucks is currently running a promotion where you can get a $20 gift card for $10, if purchased through Visa Checkout. No taxes or other fees included. Follow these steps.
- Follow this link: https://starbucks-promotion.cashstar.com
- Log in to or Sign up for Visa Checkout.
- Pick a design.
- Enter the value for the gift card you want to buy. I just went with the minimum of $10.
- Type the details for where you want to send the card (ie: a second email address).
- Add to Cart.
- Once at your cart, you’ll see that the card value will be at $20, but you only have to pay $10.
- Open email and redeem.
- Print or add to your mobile wallet or Starbucks app.
- Enjoy your coffee.
I’m not normally a “buy credit or loyalty points early” type of person. Why spend money on something you wouldn’t have otherwise? However, I definitely go to Starbucks several times a year, and definitely spend more than $10 total annually. If Starbucks is already a part of your daily routine, then this extra $10 for minimal effort is a no-brainer.
The Terms say, “Offer valid through 9/30/17 while supplies last.”
Here is the link again:
Visa Checkout is an online payment system that is similar to PayPal or MasterCard’s MasterPass. You can store your credit card on the Visa Checkout account so that on any online cart or checkout that supports this system, you can just enter your Visa Checkout credentials and pay easily that way.
You can learn more about Visa Checkout on their official site FAQ, or on this article on VentureBeat. I have used Visa Checkout a couple of times before for a separate promotion. I did my own research on it to make sure it is legit, and I trust it because it’s a Visa product. Regardless, I would like to encourage you to always do your own supplementary research as well before using any product or service to make sure it meets your own personal needs and standards.